- Power transformer is encased in a separate nickel plated steel
housing to contain the magnetic field.
- Isolation transformer eliminates entry of AC power line noise
into the amp, yielding greater benefits than add-on conditioners
without any of their sonic drawbacks or expense.
- Slow filament power-up extends tube life greatly.
Quadruple cascaded audio power supply uses time
compensated zero feedback mosfets and vacuum tubes to
deliver unequaled dynamic contrast, resolution and sound
- Pure Triode audio circuitry produces tonally natural music
by eliminating the partition noise inherent in pentode designs
and the resulting noise intermodulation (”grain”).
- Low feedback (about 7dB) properly compensated design
eliminates the tonal hardness of high feedback and/or
improperly compensated designs while yielding more consistent
- Ultra-wide open loop in-circuit bandwidth of the output
transformer enables operation of the amp’s closed loop
response entirely within the open loop response, eliminating
any requirement to use high feedback to force the output
stage to perform beyond its natural capability.
- Massive 15lb. output transformers allow the magnetics to
operate at maximum linearity while still maintaining extremely
low bass capability.
- Unprecedented stability into capacitive loads. Fantastic for
driving even the most difficult electrostatic speakers.
- Black Path Edition Features
- Amorphous Alloy core has less than 1/12 the hysteresis
of conventional grain oriented silicon steel used by the
competition, yielding a level of transparency no other tube
manufacturer can match.
- Low loss aerospace circuit board material.
- Legendary Black Gate power supply capacitors.
- Revolutionary BLACK PATH audio capacitors.
- Beautiful Golden Ratio proportions.
- Mirror polished stainless steel maintains luster and brilliance
with minimal care.
- Heavy steel chassis for tremendous strength and the
elimination of low frequency vibration, yielding incredible
bass solidity and rock solid imaging.
- Constrained damping layer on top plate silences vibration
before it can be converted to electromechanical noise.
- Output transformers are enclosed within their own
magnetically isolated housing which is lined with Birch
plywood – one of the most musical woods.
- Mechanical isolation from floor vibration provided by
anti-resonance viscoelastic feet.
- No user bias adjustments. Just plug in CAT supplied tubes
- OptiBias(TM) compensates for power line fluctuations up
to 10% either way. Tubes always sound their best!
- Tube life indicator. Green indicates the tubes are still good.
- Red indicates time to replace.
- Tubes operated at only 1/4 rated power for very long life
- Power: 120 Watts into 4 or 8 ohms, 1%THD
THD @ 1 Watt 0.01%
Energy Storage: 1200 Joules
Bandwidth: 1 Hz to 70 kHz (+0, -3dB)
Damping Factor: >10 , across entire audio band
Gain: 27dB (8 ohms), 24dB (4 ohms)
Input Impedance: 100K ohms
Sensitivity: 1.41V AC for full power
Noise: 116 dB below full power
Power Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 30 kHz
Tube Compliment: 4 x 6922/6DJ8 driver and PS
8x KT120 power, triode mode
Dimensions: 20” x 12.4” x 7.8” (L:W:H)
50cm x 31cm x 20cm
Weight: 88 lbs. (40kg)