The subtle blend of sobriety and sophistication, acoustic performance and elegance, the Prestige series includes technical features that meet the requirements of the most discerning music lovers.
The Certaldo is a slim floor-stander whose graceful and clean lines hold a refined and unusual 2.5 way system.
Like its sibling Pienza, the Certaldo features a highly sophisticated enclosure, where a blend of mechanically different materials helps to render the cabinet incredibly still and inert allowing the wonderfully accurate and detailed drivers to operate with utmost clarity and dynamics.
The basic structure of the cabinet is made of composite high density fiberboard with hollowed out compartments filled with tiny chips of marble set in the sides. Friction losses among the chips give rise to a particularly high degree of internal attenuation.
Layers of viscoelastic elastomers are strategically placed inside the cabinet to further absorb panels vibration while steel tension tie-rods firmly connect the aluminum front panel to the back of the speaker for increased rigidity. Two colored safety glass side panels complete the system adding not only a beautiful and unique finishing touch but significantly increased stability.
- Type: 2.5-way rear/down firing ported floorstander
- Sensitivity: 87 dBSpl (2.83V/1m)
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (min 5Ω)
- Freq. response (-3dB): 45Hz – 30kHz
2x Ø130mm (5.25 in) glass fibre composite cone mid-woofer
1x Ø130mm (5.25 in) glass fibre composite cone mid-woofer
1x Ø25mm (1 in) silk dome tweeter
- Internal wiring: Single wire, multistrand. High purity dense Silver coated high purity OFC (Van den Hul)
- Terminals: custom-made Rosso Fiorentino BP-01G: pure copper, gold over silver plated (100% Nickel free)
- Cabinet: Solid high density fiberboard + marble chips filled side panels + internal steel tension rods + internal damping elements. 5mm thick aluminium front baffle
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 104 x 23 x 27 cm – (41 x 9 x 10.6 in)
- Weight: 22 Kg (48.5 lb) each